Wednesday, August 6, 2008

zzzzzzzzz Awakening from my hibernation...

Hey ya'll, lovers of music. been a minute, but I'm back from my hibernation like my title says. Speaking of awakening from a hibernation, 2 of my favorite artists, D'Angelo and Lauryn Hill seem to be doing the same thing. Reports are saying that they are either in the lab making music, or they are getting their creative juices flowing...... hmmmmmm, how relevant would they be on today's music scene. People are fickle, especially the young ones. Those of us that appreiciate good music like this either has a career where they don't have time to listen like they use to 10 years ago, or they have a family. CASE CLOSED! Regardless I will continue to support them and not only them but other artist who have Creativity, Originality, and Intensity. (Thanks Guru.) With that being said there are a few artists who's album needs to drop, don't blame it on the artist, point the finger at the record company! It seems like now a days an artist can come out with a nice buzz but for whatever reason, the record company does not gt behind it..... This happened to Dwele on his first 2 releases on Virgin Records...... hmmmm WAKE UP!
I'm still waiting on Anthony Hamilton to drop his long awaited 3rd album we shall see how the politics of the music game falls for him. Question I'm looking for a Track from W. Ellington Felton, called "Song of Solomon" can someone get that track for me? A friend of mine has it but she is so busy I can't get in contact with her! Well enough of my ranting Check out these artists below and tell me if you love them or hate them. This is your homework assignment kids if someone is following me here hit me up and tell me what you like or hate about my blog markiethsmith@yahoo.com
Until next time humans. Ohh before I forget. Where in the Hell is Bilal at? hmmmmmm

Artists
Dwele- Anything from him

DJ Spinna- check out his music collection, Genius!!!!!

Aya
- There is a J-Pop, (Japanese pop) artist by the same name, she might be dope but it's not her, her album is called "Strange Flower"

Eric Roberson- This guy can put on a hell of a show, plus the ladies love him, if he is in your hometown take a lady friend with you to impress her you won't be disappointed.

Conya Doss- She is showing up on everyones radar as of late, for those who don't know yet, get a late pass.

D'Nell- Sultry sounds from across the pond.

Erika Rose- Check out the sounds from a friend of Alicia Keys.

No comments: