Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Sorry So Late

Bienvenidos Amigos!!!!!

I’m back again with something a little different…. I was having a conversation with someone and he enlightened me on some other sites that have excellent music, so I want to share those with you also. Thanks to Reggie for the info.

AND I QUOTE!!!!!!!

WE Funk Radio - These guys are out of Montréal, Canada but they do a great show, also you can do a search by artist, or song and find mixes that contain your searchhttp://www.wefunkradio.com/

Deep House Page - This guy takes old house music mix tapes and uploads them to the internethttp://www.deephousepage.com/

CKUT - This is the station in Montreal that host We Funk... some of their other shows are good toohttp://secure.ckut.ca/cgi-bin/ckut-grid.pl

Gospel House musichttp://www.gospelhousemusic.com/

DJ POPE & DJ OJI - these guys are out of Baltimore and they put together some tight mixes (Google them) they used to have a show on Morgan State University Radio but I think they are doing their own thing now.

DJ Jamad - he is out of Atlanta, I have a few of his mixes. Exodus Barbershop Afromentals (Google him)

(I’m going to add another site, check out Neo Soul Café by Frances Jaye, good thing is she is a local DFW personality who has events during the week.)

http://www.neosoulcafe.com/

Have Fun with those, also if you have any suggestions, or you hate my blog, whatever left me know @ markiethsmith@gmail.com

Well I’m going to review Ne-Yo’s CD, I know it’s late but hey I’m a busy man. Here we go!

Ne-Yo “Year of the Gentleman” (Def Jam/Universal)

28-year-old singer Ne-Yo’s latest album, “Year of the Gentleman” is out, and he gets better and better every time he puts an album out. I honestly don’t like him featured on anyone else’s music because he can most certainly hold his own, Year of the Gentleman should be on your CD list as of right now, I will be handing out late passes to those who haven’t bought his CD yet J. The first single, “Closer” is a ball of energy and it’s unlike anything Ne-Yo has put out in the past. Picture Urban House Music fused with R&B. Tune, “Miss Independent” is for all of the Ladies out there who are actually independent, it’s most certainly to get you blushing hearing the lyrics, “She got her own thing that's why I love her Miss Independent won't you come and spend a little time she got her own thing that's why I love her…”

Some of you all have this CD already, If you haven’t shame on you, this has Grammy and Platinum written all over it.

Grade: A-

I’ll be back with a preview of Robin Thicke’s Album, “Something Else”

1 comment:

BlueDiva1920 said...

Sorry I am so late on commenting. I did not like Ne-Yo's latest cd. This feeling saddens me greatly as I am a huge Ne-Yo fan. I think the brother is talented, vocally and lyrically. However, this last album just left me thinking that any of these songs could have been obscure tracks on either of his first two albums. I was expecting more because he hyped it as it would be different, more of the real him and I got more of the same. That song, "Wh6y does she stay?" PLEASE!!! No man is that enlightened about treating his woman better or his own ignant behavior until she has cut him off!! Unrealistic. I was unimpressed but I still got love for Ne-Yo.