Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spring cleaning; Amel Larrieux; Lessons taught

Dang it's been a LONG minute, Ladies and Germs I have a lot of time on my hands now. Let's get to it. There isn't a lot of GOOD music out, maybe I'm wrong, but I've been out of Commission for a good minute, Happy New Year my peeps LOL damn and it's April. That means a lot of rain and a lot of cleaning. Speaking of, I had to get rid of a lot of wack music stored on my computer. I guess that is the state of music now, the radio, TV BET, MTV, etc. play a lot of BS so I'm gonna clean out the BS on my computer and fill it again with substance. 

Do check out Amel Larrieux's new single "Don't Let me Down" Blisslife out today as a matter of fact, go to iTunes or Amazon to download her single right now, I have it and you will not be disappointed trust me. Lead single "Orange Glow" is a great kinda uptempo track that will put you in a nice, "bob your head" mood, Honestly no one can do it better at hitting high notes and actually SINGING. Hear that Keri Hilson fans? Yeah I said it hahahahaha chumps! Her album is about a month or so away, I heard a few tracks and once I get my mitts on a CD I will review it and give a nice opinion about it.

One thing I learned is that whatever people like, they will buy and respond. I have noticed how scaled down music is now and how it is so bland and so watered down, it makes me have an ulcer. Anyway Our culture of music is not evolving we aren't pro-creating originality. Until more light is shed on REAL music I will continue to blast, make fun of, and ridicule what is out on the market now. I loathe it I will continue to do my best to showcase new and upcoming people, or people who have my respect as an artist. Before I go, check out these artists to make your collection unique.

Choklate- The Seattle bred Songstress has a CD dropping May 19th called "To whom it may Concern". Kajmere http://www.choklatemusic.com/

Chrisette Michele- "Epiphany" Drops on Def Jam May 5th

PPP- Platinum Pied Pipers returns with their 2nd CD "Abundance" out now on Ubiquity Records. http://www.myspace.com/platinumpiedpipers

Roigers- go to myspace and check this Brother out, I like what he's doing. http://www.myspace.com/rogiers

I had a great laugh today. This probably the worst video of '09 Thanks Illseed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yomQw30-To&feature=player_embedded

All I can say is WOW!!!

Until next time.

No comments: